Have you noticed Peninsula Clean Energy on your PG&E bill? That’s how you know you are getting cleaner energy at lower rates. It is not an additional charge. Charges for electricity on your PG&E bill are now simply divided into two parts:
- Peninsula Clean Energy Electric Generation Charges for generating the amount of electricity you use. Customers receive a 5% savings for ECOplus compared to PG&E’s electricity generation rates.
- Current PG&E Electric Delivery Charges for maintaining PG&E’s wires, infrastructure, and delivering electricity to your business. These rates are the same for Peninsula Clean Energy and non-Peninsula Clean Energy customers.
You receive a credit on your bill from PG&E for electricity generation, since Peninsula Clean Energy is now generating your electricity instead of PG&E.
In addition to the Peninsula Clean Energy Electric Generation Charges, there are fees that PCE customers pay to PG&E. We include these added fees in our cost comparisons so you can see the actual savings that Peninsula Clean Energy provides when all costs are considered. Peninsula Clean Energy rates are set by Peninsula Clean Energy’s Board of Directors at public meetings.
ECO100 costs $0.01 per kWh more than our ECOplus option. That’s an easy and affordable way to green your operations.
What Are My Rates?
Sample Commercial Cost Comparison
Typical Monthly Electric Charges
|Peninsula Clean Energy|
| Peninsula Clean Energy|
|PG&E (opt-out)||PG&E Solar Choice|
|Greenhouse Gas Free Content||85%||100%||78.9%||100%|
|Electric Generation Rate||$0.07674||$0.08674||$0.10739||$0.09092|
|PG&E Electric Delivery Rate||$0.12932||$0.12932||$0.12932||$0.12932|
|Total Electricity Rate||$0.23134||$0.24134||$0.23671||$0.24490|
|Average Monthly Bill||$347.17||$362.18||$355.23||$367.59|
Based on a typical usage of 1540 kWh at current PG&E rates and PCE rates effective as of March 15, 2018 under the Com-1/A-1 rate schedule. Actual differences may vary depending on usage, rate schedule, and other factors. Estimate provided is an average of seasonal rates.
- Cost Comparison Calculator (XLSM) – This handy spreadsheet estimates electric costs based on usage, season, rate class, and other variables.
- PCE PCE Rates Effective March 15, 2018 (PDF) – A complete set of all PCE rates, along with PG&E’s rates, for generation service.
- PG&E Joint Cost Comparison effective June 2017 (PDF) – A rates sheet co-produced by PCE and PG&E that compares monthly average costs for all rate classes.
Still have questions? Watch our video to better understand your bill.