How to Calculate Energy Use
- Sign in to your PG&E account at pge.com.
(If you have not registered for online account access, you will need to do so. Have your PG&E account number handy.)
- Select the button for “energy usage details” or “solar & energy details.”
- Scroll down the page and click “green button” to “download my data.”
- Select “export usage for a range of days.” Choose a date range that encompasses the starting date when your home and/or ADU was operating on electricity only. Export the data to a csv file format.
- Open the csv file in a spreadsheet application (e.g. Excel, Google Sheets) and sum the figures in the usage column.