Offers due Friday, February 9, 2018 at 12:00 PM Pacific Prevailing Time (PPT)
PCE is excited to launch its 2018 Renewable Request for Offers (RFO). The goal of PCE’s 2018 RFO is to provide an opportunity for qualified suppliers to propose projects to fulfill certain portions of PCE’s future resource requirements consistent with the guidelines set out in PCE’s 2018 Integrated Resource Plan (IRP). Specifically, PCE plans to enter into one or more Power Purchase and Sale Agreements (PPAs) for energy from eligible renewable resources.
The following four policies guide PCE’s power procurement:
- PCE shall not use unbundled renewable energy credits (RECs) for meeting its renewable energy goals.
- In sourcing electricity and resource adequacy, PCE will not procure electricity or resource adequacy from coal facilities.
- PCE has published a Sustainable Workforce Policy. PCE desires to facilitate and accomplish all of the following objectives: (1) support for and direct use of local businesses; (2) support for and direct use of union members from multiple trades; (3) support for and use of training and State of California approved apprenticeship programs, and pre-apprenticeship programs from within PCE’s service territory; and (4) support for and direct use of green and sustainable businesses.
- PCE’s Ethical Vendor Standards: Peninsula Clean Energy (PCE) is committed to the highest standards of responsible behavior and integrity in all of its business relationships. PCE will consider a company’s business practices, environmental track record, and commitment to sustainability in its procurement decisions.
As detailed in the schedule below, the RFO will consist of the following phases:
- Question & Answer: PCE will respond to initial written questions from participants during the RFO webinar and will post responses on this web page. PCE will respond to additional written questions after the RFO webinar and will post responses on this web page.
- Webinar: PCE will host an informational webinar.
- Participants Pre-register to Submit Offers: Participants wishing to submit offers to the RFO must pre-register by filling in the form below.
- Offers Due: Participants’ Offers must be submitted by the deadline and must include all required documents.
- Offer Review: PCE will evaluate all Offers and then notify short-listed Participants.
- Short-listed Participants Provide Documentation and Security: Short-listed participants interested in moving forward to the negotiation phase will be required to provide additional documentation and a short-list deposit.
- Negotiations and Execution: PCE may execute PPAs with selected participants at any time during the negotiation phase or may choose to execute none at all.
|Friday, January 12, 2018||PCE launches RFO: publishes RFO Instructions, pro forma PPA and other RFO documents|
|Friday, January 19, 2018||Deadline for initial questions to be submitted; responses will be provided during the January 24th RFO web conference|
|Wednesday, January 24, 2018, |
10:00 am (PPT)
PCE hosts RFO web conference
|Friday, February 2, 2018||Deadline for Participants to pre-register to submit offers|
|Friday, February 2, 2018||Deadline for Participants to submit questions|
|Wednesday, February 7, 2018||PCE to post responses to questions|
|Friday, February 9, 2018,|
12:00 pm PPT
Deadline for Participants to submit offers and required documentation
|Friday, March 9, 2018||Anticipated date PCE will notify each Participant regarding short-list status|
|Friday, March 23, 2018||Anticipated deadline for selected short-listed Participants to submit deposits, PPA redlines and other required documents|
Please register for PCE 2018 Renewables and Storage RFO Webinar on Jan 24, 2018 10:00 AM PST.
PCE is excited to launch its 2018 Renewable Request for Offers (RFO). This Webinar will provide background information on the RFO as well as answer questions on the RFO. If you have any questions you would like answered during the Webinar, please submit by the close of business on Friday, January 19th through the Q&A Form.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
- PCE 2018 Renewables RFO Webinar
- RFO Instructions
- Question and Answer Form
- Pre-Registration Form
- Offer Form
- Offer Form Template V.2
- Generation Profile and LMP Historical Data form V.2
- Pro Forma PPA
- PCE Confidentiality Agreement Form
- PCE’s 2018 Integrated Resource Plan (IRP)
- PCE 2018 RFO Offer Form Template