Charges for electricity on the first page of your PG&E bill are now divided into two parts:
- Peninsula Clean Energy Electric Generation Charges paid to Peninsula Clean Energy for generating the amount of electricity you use; a 5% savings for ECOplus compared to PG&E.
- Current PG&E Electric Delivery Charges paid to PG&E for maintaining the electrical grid and delivering electricity to you. These rates are the same for Peninsula Clean Energy and non-Peninsula Clean Energy customers.
In addition to the Peninsula Clean Energy Electric Generation Charges, there are fees that PCE customers pay to PG&E. We include these added fees in our cost comparisons so you can see the actual savings that Peninsula Clean Energy provides when all costs are considered. Peninsula Clean Energy rates are set by Peninsula Clean Energy’s Board of Directors at public meetings.
Customers enrolled in Peninsula Clean Energy still receive their full CARE/FERA and Medical Baseline discounts. There’s no need to reapply, and there is no change in the discount rates.
ECO100 costs $0.01 per kWh more than our ECOplus option. That’s an easy and affordable way to green your home.
What Are My Rates?
Sample Residential Cost Comparison
(Effective March 15, 2017)
Typical Monthly Electric Charges
|Peninsula Clean Energy|
|Peninsula Clean Energy|
|Greenhouse Gas Free Content||80%||100%||69%|
|Electric Generation Rate||$0.06369||$0.07369||$0.09838|
|PG&E Electric Delivery Rate||$0.13829||$0.13829||$0.13829|
|Total Electricity Rate||$0.23175||$0.24175||$0.23667|
|Average Total Monthly Cost||$97.99 ||$102.22 ||$100.07
Based on a typical usage of 423 kWh at PG&E rates and PCE rates effective as of March 15th, 2017 under the Res-1/E-1 rate schedule. Actual difference may vary depending on usage, rate schedule, and other factors. Estimate provided is an average of seasonal rates.
- Cost Comparison Calculator (XLSM) – This handy spreadsheet estimates electric costs based on usage, season, rate class, and other variables.
- PCE Rates Effective March 15, 2017 (PDF) – A complete set of all PCE rates, along with PG&E’s rates, for generation service.
- PG&E joint cost mailer 2017 (PDF) – A postcard co-produced by PCE and PG&E that compares average monthly costs and energy supply for residential customers.
- PG&E Joint Cost Comparison effective June 2017 (PDF) – A rates sheet co-produced by PCE and PG&E that compares monthly average costs for all rate classes.
Understanding My Bill
Your Peninsula Clean Energy charges will appear on your PG&E bill, and you will receive a credit from PG&E on the bill, since you are no longer purchasing its power. We explain how to calculate your bill. Download our sample bill documents or use our online Savings Calculator or printable worksheets below.
- Savings Worksheet for ECOPlus Customers
- Savings Worksheet for ECO100 Customers
- ECOplus Sample Bill (PDF)
- ECO100 Sample Bill (PDF)
Still need help? Give us a call at 1-866-966-0110.