Used Electric Vehicle Rebate Program
For income-qualified residents
Income-qualified residents may be eligible for an increased rebate.
To qualify, either show proof of participation in an eligible program, or proof of qualifying household income as shown in the table below.
- Clean Cars for All
- Clean Vehicle Assistance Program
- Driving Clean Assistance Program
- Clipper START
- Residency in Affordable Housing, Public Housing, or Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- CalFresh/SNAP (Food Stamps)
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- CalWORKs (TANF) or Tribal TAN
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Free or Reduced National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
Maximize your rebates with these additional programs
In combination with Peninsula Clean Energy’s rebate, income-qualified residents may also qualify for additional rebates from regional and state programs:
|Program||EV incentive amount||Additional info|
|Clean Cars for All||$5,500 – $9,500,|
depending on income
|Limited to certain Bay Area zip codes. Must retire a vehicle 2005 or older to qualify.|
|Driving Clean Assistance Program||$4,500 – $5,000|
depending on vehicle type
|Bay Area only. Grant and (optional) financing assistance program.|
|Drive Clean San Joaquin Replace Program||$5,500 – $9,500, depending on income||City of Los Banos residents only. Must retire a vehicle 2006 or older to qualify.|
- These three programs cannot be combined with each other. After submitting a pre-application, our team can help you determine which one is the best fit for you.
- The Peninsula Clean Energy rebate is $3,700 for a plug-in hybrid EV or $4,000 for a battery EV if combined with funds from any of these programs, or $5,700 for a plug-in hybrid EV or $6,000 for a battery EV if used alone. Savings are always greater by combining program funds.
- Combined rebates may not exceed the cost of the vehicle. For example, if you receive $9,500 from the Clean Cars for All program and purchase a $10,000 vehicle, the Peninsula Clean Energy rebate would be $500.