Used Electric Vehicle Rebate Program
Offering rebates of up to $4,000, Peninsula Clean Energy makes it easier for residents in its member communities to purchase a used electric vehicle (EV). Used EV owners already save money on fueling and maintenance costs—now they can also enjoy immediate savings at time of purchase.
|Plug-in hybrid EV||Battery EV|
|Increased rebate (for income-qualified residents)||Up to $3,700||Up to $4,000|
- Must apply and be approved by Peninsula Clean Energy prior to purchase
- Be a San Mateo County or City of Los Banos resident; one rebate per household
- For the increased incentive only, residents must meet the qualifying income requirements
- Purchase an eligible vehicle:
- Used plug-in hybrid or battery electric EV, 8 model years old or newer (2023 = 2016 or newer)
- Plug-in hybrid must have a minimum 25-mile all-electric range
- Purchase price before rebate(s) cannot exceed $35,000
- Start your process by filling out the pre-application form. If you are an income-qualified resident, you can schedule a phone consultation with us to help guide you through all your options
- Approval may take up to 7 days. Once approved, you’ll receive an email with details on how to purchase from a participating dealership or other retailers
- Purchase a vehicle through a participating dealership for an instant rebate at the time of purchase
Purchase at a non-participating dealership or online retailer (private sales are not allowed). Submit purchase documents and receive a rebate check in the mail
- Drive into a brighter, cleaner future!