E-Bikes for Everyone
Up to $1,000 to purchase an e-bike
E-Bikes for Everyone helps eligible residents purchase a new e-bike. The incentive – up to $1,000 – will be awarded through a lottery on June 6. If selected, you will have 30 days to purchase your new e-bike.
The rebate is for up to $1,000 or 80% of the purchase price, whichever is less. See the Frequently Asked Questions for more details
Are you eligible?
To qualify for E-Bikes for Everyone, you must meet the following:
- Live in San Mateo County or the City of Los Banos
- Show proof of any ONE of the following:
- Clipper START
- Residency in Affordable Housing, Public Housing, or Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8)
- California Alternate Rates for Energy Program (CARE) or Family Electrical Rate Assistance Program (FERA)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- CalFresh/SNAP (Food Stamps)
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- CalWORKs (TANF) or Tribal TANF Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Free or Reduced National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
*Count only yourself plus any spouse and/or dependents you have.
** Adjusted gross income for your household; calculations based on 400% of the Federal Poverty Level (2021)
If you have additional questions about eligibility, please see our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
How it works
Step 1: Complete the application
If you need assistance completing the application or support in Spanish, contact El Concilio
Step 2: Lottery will be drawn. Selected applicants will be notified on June 6.
Step 3: We will email you a unique approval code and details on how to purchase your e-bike from a participating bike shop
Step 4: Purchase your e-bike
- Purchase price (excluding tax) must be $3,000 or less
- Must have operable pedals and an electric motor of less than or equal to 750 watts
- All classes (Class 1, Class 2, and Class 3) are eligible
- Must be new
- Conversion kits, scooters, and mopeds are not eligible
- Accessories, bike locks, helmets not included
- Assembly fees may be included
Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition is hosting an e-bikes basics webinar on May 25th. Registration is free for all attendees!
6:00 PM – 7:00 PM PDT
Partnership with El Concilio
If you prefer to complete an application in person or over the phone, you may contact El Concilio at (650) 373-1080 or go to their office in-person at 3180 Middlefield Rd, Redwood City, CA 94063. They will help you fill out an application.
Partnership with the Silicon Valley Bike Coalition
We are partnering with SVBC to provide more opportunities to learn about e-bikes. Whether you are just curious about e-bikes or you already bought your e-bike, they have something for you! They are offering free trainings, group rides, giveaways, and additional resources to help you.
Visit the Silicon Valley Bike Coalition website