EV rental rebate
Experience an EV for free
Want to experience an EV before you buy? Rent an EV for the weekend on us!
We are offering a rebate of up to $200 for San Mateo County and City of Los Banos residents to experience the fun and ease of an EV.
We anticipate our rebate could cover the cost of a 2 to 3-day EV rental, depending on the vehicle. You may choose from any rental car company, but we recommend companies with a large inventory of EVs, such as Turo*.
- Must be a San Mateo County or City of Los Banos resident
- Limited to one rebate per household
- Rent an EV through a rental car company of your choice
- Take a drive for a few days
- Apply for your rebate with required documentation** within one month of your rental taking place
- Once approved, you will receive a rebate check from us in the mail
*Peninsula Clean Energy does not have an affiliation with Turo.
**You will need to submit a copy of your receipt, which must show your name, name of vehicle rented, and total rental cost. See here for sample receipt.