Refrigerator Recycling Program – ARCA Recycling
Got an old refrigerator or freezer hogging energy in your home? We will pick it up for free and mail you a $35 check for participating.
By properly recycling your fridge or freezer, you’ll save money on your energy bill and help prevent potent greenhouse gases from escaping into the atmosphere and contaminants from getting into the landfill.
- Applicant must be a San Mateo County resident
- Refrigerator/freezer must be in working/cooling condition, empty, clean and plugged in at the time of pickup
- Refrigerator/freezer must be regular household size (10-30 cubic feet)
- Refrigerator/freezer must be at least 10 years old
- Applicant must own the unit(s) being recycled
- Two units maximum per household per calendar year
- A $35 rebate check per unit will be mailed four to six weeks after collection
- This pilot program is available on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is depleted
For questions, call 888-646-2196
Schedule Your Pickup
Peninsula Clean Energy has partnered with ARCA Recycling to collect the units and ensure they are properly recycled. To schedule your pickup with ARCA, apply online here.