Affordable Used Electric Cars
Peninsula Clean Energy (PCE) has partnered with Peninsula Family Service (PFS) to offer a $4,000 incentive to income-qualifying San Mateo County residents who purchase a used plug-in hybrid electric vehicle through the DriveForward Electric Program.
Peninsula Family Service’s DriveForward Program provides affordable loans to help participants purchase reliable used vehicles and strengthen their personal and financial stability.
The enhanced DriveForward Electric Program in partnership with Peninsula Clean Energy makes it more affordable for participants to purchase a clean plug-in hybrid electric vehicle. Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles save owners money on fueling and maintenance costs and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. It’s a win-win!
Hear from one of our program participants, Ana, who is now a proud new owner of a 2016 Chevy Volt!
Do I Qualify?
To qualify for PCE’s $4,000 incentive, you must meet the following requirements:
- Live in San Mateo County
- Meet qualifying income shown in the table
- Have the ability to plug in and charge the vehicle at home or at work
If you don’t qualify, check out incentives for new EVs instead.
**Adjusted gross income. Calculation based on 400% of the Federal Poverty Level (2019).
Steps to Qualify
1. Attend one of Peninsula Family Service’s Financial Empowerment workshops (requirement only for the loan)
2. Complete your application and meet one-on-one with a Peninsula Family Service coordinator
3. If approved, find a reliable plug-in hybrid electric vehicle and get it inspected
4. Purchase a vehicle and drive forward into a brighter, cleaner future! $4,000 incentive will be given as a down-payment directly to the dealership
DriveForward Electric Interest Form
To find out if you qualify for a vehicle loan and $4,000 incentive, please complete the interest form below. You can also use this form to RSVP for our upcoming workshops. Contact Peninsula Family Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 403 – 4300 ext. 4105 with any questions or to learn more about the program.
In partnership with