Have you noticed Peninsula Clean Energy on your PG&E bill? That’s how you know you are getting cleaner energy at lower rates. It is not an additional charge. Charges for electricity on your PG&E bill are now simply divided into two parts:
- Peninsula Clean Energy Electric Generation Charges for generating the amount of electricity you use. Customers receive a 5% savings for ECOplus service compared to PG&E’s electricity generation rates.
- Current PG&E Electric Delivery Charges for maintaining PG&E’s wires, infrastructure, and delivering electricity to your business. These rates are the same for Peninsula Clean Energy and non-Peninsula Clean Energy customers.
You receive a credit on your bill from PG&E for electricity generation, since Peninsula Clean Energy is now generating your electricity instead of PG&E. This is called the “Generation Credit” located on the Details of PG&E Electric Delivery Charges page of your bill.
In addition to the Peninsula Clean Energy Electric Generation Charges, there are fees that PCE customers pay to PG&E. We include these added fees in our cost comparisons so you can see the actual savings that Peninsula Clean Energy provides when all costs are considered. Peninsula Clean Energy rates are set by Peninsula Clean Energy’s Board of Directors at public meetings.
ECO100 costs $0.01 per kWh more than our ECOplus option. That’s an easy and affordable way to green your operations, receive LEED points, and eliminate carbon emissions associated to your electricity use.
What Are My Rates?
Sample Commercial Cost Comparison
(Effective July 1, 2019)
Typical Monthly Electric Charges
|Peninsula Clean Energy|
| Peninsula Clean Energy|
|PG&E (opt-out)||PG&E Solar Choice|
|Greenhouse Gas Free Content||90%||100%||85%||100%|
|Electric Generation Rate||$0.08077||$0.09077||$0.11406||$0.09001|
|PG&E Electric Delivery Rate||$0.13034||$0.13034||$0.13034||$0.13034|
|PG&E PCIA/FF||$0.02758|| $0.02758 ||N/A||$0.02905|
|Total Electricity Rate||$0.23869||$0.24869||$0.24440||$0.24940|
|Average Monthly Bill||$504.83||$525.98||$516.91||$527.48|
Based on a typical usage of 2115 kWh at current PG&E rates and PCE rates effective as of July 1, 2019 under the A-1 rate schedule. Actual differences may vary depending on usage, rate schedule, and other factors. Estimate provided is an average of seasonal rates.
- Cost Comparison Calculator (XLSM) – This handy spreadsheet estimates electric costs based on usage, season, rate class, and other variables.
- PCE Rates Effective November 1, 2019 (PDF) – A complete set of all PCE rates, along with PG&E’s rates, for generation service.
- PG&E Joint Cost Comparison Effective June 2018 (PDF) – A rates sheet co-produced by PCE and PG&E that compares monthly average costs for all rate classes.
Still have questions? Watch our video to better understand your bill.