What is Peninsula Clean Energy?
Peninsula Clean Energy, or PCE, is San Mateo County’s official electricity provider. Peninsula Clean Energy was launched collaboratively by the County of San Mateo and all twenty of its cities to meet local climate action goals. PCE offers lower rates and a choice of two electricity options, each with a different percentage of sustainable energy. Our ECOplus rates are 5% below PG&E’s, so with PCE, you’re getting cleaner energy at lower rates.
- We’re hiring! See the job description for our Regulatory/Legislative Analyst.
- On August 21, a total solar eclipse will pass over California, affecting solar resources supplying power to the grid. Don’t worry: we’ve got this covered and your power will stay on. PCE is joining a statewide effort and pledging to reduce energy use while the sun takes the morning off. Join us and take the pledge today at CalEclipse.org.
- ALERT: Door-to-Door Scam. PCE has received reports of individuals going door-to-door in Redwood City, claiming to be representatives of PCE and asking for personal information. PCE does not engage in door-to door residential outreach efforts. If you receive unsolicited home visits from someone claiming to represent Peninsula Clean Energy, please do not interact with them, as they are not representatives of PCE. If you are approached, please let us know at 1-866-966-0110 or email us.
- Still wondering whether PCE is cheaper than PG&E? Check out this table, developed by PG&E, confirming that PCE ECOplus customers pay less for electricity.
- ECOplus and ECO100 customers! We’re here to help you understand your new PG&E bill. Check out our video and information sheets.
Reduced Greenhouse Gases
Investing in our Community
How it works
It’s simple. Really. The Peninsula Clean Energy process can be explained in three simple steps:
How it works
Peninsula Clean Energy is Countywide!
PCE is now serving all of San Mateo County with cleaner energy at low rates.