Have you noticed Peninsula Clean Energy on your PG&E bill? That’s how you know you are getting cleaner energy at lower rates. It is not an additional charge. Charges for electricity on your PG&E bill are now simply divided into two parts:
- Peninsula Clean Energy Electric Generation Charges for generating the amount of electricity you use. Customers receive a 5% savings for ECOplus compared to PG&E’s electricity generation rates.
- Current PG&E Electric Delivery Charges for maintaining PG&E’s wires, infrastructure, and delivering electricity to your home. These rates are the same for Peninsula Clean Energy and non-Peninsula Clean Energy customers.
You receive a credit on your bill from PG&E for electricity generation, since Peninsula Clean Energy is now generating your electricity instead of PG&E.
Customers enrolled in Peninsula Clean Energy still receive their full CARE/FERA and Medical Baseline discounts. There’s no need to reapply, and there is no change in the discount rates. Learn more about discounts on our Lower Your Bill Page.
What Are My Rates?
(Effective March 15, 2018)
Typical Monthly Electric Charges
|Peninsula Clean Energy|
| Peninsula Clean Energy|
|PG&E (opt-out)||PG&E Solar Choice|
|Greenhouse Gas Free Content||85%||100%||78.9%||100%|
|Electric Generation Rate||$0.06840||$0.07840||$0.10780||0.09436|
|PG&E Electric Delivery Rate||$0.13893||$0.13893||$0.13893||$0.13893|
|Total Electricity Rate||$0.24134||$0.25134||$0.24673||$0.26675|
|Average Total Monthly Cost||$102.57 || $106.82 ||$104.86 ||$113.37|
Based on a typical usage of 425 kWh at PG&E rates and PCE rates effective as of March 15th, 2018 under the E-1 rate schedule. Actual difference may vary depending on usage, rate schedule, and other factors. Estimate provided is an average of seasonal rates.
In addition to the Peninsula Clean Energy Electric Generation Charges, there are fees that PCE customers pay to PG&E (PCIA and Franchise Fee). We include these added fees in our cost comparisons so you can see the actual savings that Peninsula Clean Energy provides when all costs are considered. Peninsula Clean Energy rates are set by Peninsula Clean Energy’s Board of Directors at public meetings.
Portola Valley Residents
Portola Valley residents and businesses have been automatically enrolled in our ECO100 product, based on their Town Council’s vote to go carbon-free and 100% renewable right from the start. This makes Portola Valley one of the first towns in California to be entirely 100% renewable!
Sample Residential Cost Comparison
- Cost Comparison Calculator (XLSM) – This handy spreadsheet estimates electric costs based on usage, season, rate class, and other variables.
- PCE Rates Effective March 15, 2018 (PDF) – A complete set of all PCE rates, along with PG&E’s rates, for generation service.
- PG&E Joint Cost Comparison effective June 2018 (PDF) – A rates sheet co-produced by PCE and PG&E that compares monthly average costs for all rate classes.
ECO100 costs $0.01 per kWh more than our ECOplus option. That’s an easy and affordable way to green your home.
Calculate how much you are saving per month as a Peninsula Clean Energy customer.
Still need help? Give us a call at 1-866-966-0110.